May 17, 2010

I was a Hermit Crab in a Former Life

Yesterday I spent the whole entire day inside. Not in a depressed-vampire-weirdo sort of way, but in a I-need-to-recharge-and-no-contact-with-the-outside-world-sounds-good sort of way. I planted myself on the couch and relaxed all day long. I watched lots of bad (and by bad I mean excellent) TV and ate popcorn. It was fabulous. Sundays are supposed to be for rest, right? Recharge days like yesterday remind me that despite being fairly outgoing (see sidebar) I definitely have some introverted tendencies. Gotta work with what you got.

If there are still doubts about how a day without leaving the house could be perfect, I submit my top five reasons why it's a good idea. (Every once in a while, don't get carried away & end up with a vitamin d deficiency or anything...)

1. Lifetime Movie Marathons. I watched "Speak" with Kristen Stewart, a movie about the pregnant teenagers in Massachusettes, before that, the Texas Cheerleaders story, before that the movie with Candace Cameron and Fred Savage about an abusive dating situation, and before that something weird that I only watched half of because I fell asleep. Which leads well into point #2.

2. Naps. If you spend the whole day inside, it doesn't matter if you sleep in late or wake up early. You're right there, on your couch, you can stretch out and sleep whenever you want!

3. Snacks. I'm pretty much always thinking about snacking. When I'm at home, I can nibble a little here, nibble a little there, without having to drag a cooler with me everywhere I go. I'm going to state the obvious here: the fridge is the ultimate cooler.

4. No need to fill up. When I don't leave the house, I don't drive anywhere. I don't use ANY gas. Gas is flippin' expensive! Not driving is also good for the environment. I believe that's called a win-win.

5. Pajamas. And glasses. And no bra. No one seeing me? Music to my ears. I'm pretty sure I own more pairs of PJ pants than real pants. They're way more comfortable. (p.s. showers are also not necessary on hermit days).

Say it with me now..."ahh." Monday's not so bad after an inside-Sunday.

1 comment:

hizzle said...

sounds like a great stay at home day.
Lifetime movies are wonderful!