September 04, 2009

IFTIT

I am a football girl. My dad wouldn't have it any other way. I LOVE college football. I LOVE fall. I LOVE chili cookoffs & hot cider and jeering and cheering and wearing ORANGE for both of my teams!

I am pumped about the start of the season last night (although the games were not so impressive). I'm sure if you go/went to NC St. or SC you would disagree with me, but that game was just plain boring. And the BSU/Oregon game, what can I say? Nothing that went on after the game was okay. Not the taunting, not the hitting, not the freaking out. This is a prime example of why we need better mentoring. Really, these are children. At most they're 22 years old, at the least they're 18 or 19. Many of them have never had a role model hold them accountable for anything but their on-the-field actions. Mentoring mentoring mentoring. I had a long conversation last night about why it is SO important. Especially to kids who have been left behind to begin with. One consistant, positive, role model can make all the difference in the world.

Alright, just give me a minute while I climb down off this soapbox.

That being said, GO VOLS and GO HOOS. Woohoo football season!

p.s. If you're not from around here IFTIT means It's Football Time In Tennessee!

No comments: