November 09, 2009

It's Monday and I feel...

1. Accomplished. The silent auction that I helped to put together (read: walked into in a sorry state and cold called my way to success) raised $5,500+ at our fundraising event last weekend! With matching funds that is over $11,000. And my boss was thrilled. Here's just a little aside for me to say: GO ME :)

2. Nostalgic. This weekend is probably the last time I'll spend time in the house I grew up in. December 6th deconstruction/construction will begin on their new house. I took some pictures of the house the last time I was home. That's all we'll have left in just a matter of a few weeks. A lot of people have asked if I'm sad, but I'm ok. It's really up to my mom and pop, and if it makes them happy, welp that's all that really matters.


3. Conflicted. Thanksgiving's coming up. We always spend thanksgiving with family in NC. My mom & dad aren't going this year because of the aforementioned construction and move out date. Not to mention that with the issues on I-40 it would take about 8 hours to get there. So. Do I come home and spend the holiday helping my family move out of our home (p.s. I've done a ton of travelling in the last few weeks and am facing much more) OR do I have thanksgiving with M and his family. Which I think would be easy and fun, except I think it would make mom upset. Sigh. Anyone got the right answer here?

4. Psyched. M's coming Thurs-Sat and I get to find some (cheap) funnn things for us to do in my new town! I'm trying to keep in mind that it's just the first time of many that he'll be coming to visit and I'll have plenty of time to do lots of fun things with him. I don't have to get to it all in this day and a half.

5. Expectant. Official training for my new job starts one week from today. I will officially take on the VISTA title one week from Friday. One week and I'll be working 40 hour weeks like a regular person. (I won't be seeing the paychecks...but I've been working on NOT saying this every time I talk about my new job. Because, irregardless, it is a real job and I'll be doing real, important work and I'll be getting real experience.)

My over all mantra? "Here we go." And I'd like to make note of the face that I said here we go and not here I go. There's a difference. Even though I know very few people in my new town, I don't feel alone. That's huge. I would also like to point out that "anxious" didn't make the list. That is also huge. Really huge. Good things, people.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Congrats on raising all that money - very cool! You seem to have a lot of things coming up to look forward to and to keep you busy. "Here we go" I like that - I need that right now, too, I've been sooo busy