January 28, 2010

I Have Impeccable Timing

So last night my mom called me and told me we are supposed to get 8 inches of snow starting tonight.

I'm sorry, I think I miss heard you. It sounded like you said it's supposed to snow EIGHT INCHES in MIDDLE TENNESSEE starting Thursday night.

And I have no bread.

And bad eggs (cough cough...they don't smell, I just know they're bad, ok?)

And NOTHING with ANY nutritional value, so I'll die of scurvy if I'm locked in my house for days. Not to mention boredom.

Oh, yeah. And my gas tank? Empty. Thankyouverymuch-intern-task-of-delivering-grant-proposal-to-location-25-miles-away.

$80 worth of price gouged shopping later. I'm good to go. Good to go nowhere, that is.

I hear you scoffing, New Yorker. But, not only do we not 'do' snow down here, we get ice (and lots of it). Which makes me miserable because it keeps me cooped up in my house all day long. Lame.

Metro schools are already closed for tomorrow--again, nary a flake to be found. My plan is to go to work early, stay until I get scared, and then try to get a good parking place at the top of the complex (so I don't have to call AAA just to tow my ride safely to the street come Monday morning).

No snow please. I would like to be able to do fun things this weekend.

Update: 3-8 inches of snow plus .5-1 inch of ice...Gag me with a spoon (does anyone say that anymore? no? cool). Also, apparently I am screwed because I don't have a generator. Okay--being stuck in your house with snow is one thing. Being stuck in your house with no TV, no computer, no way to cook food, and OH YEAH - NO HEAT!? Look, I know it's January. Spring, if you're listening, I'm ready for ya.

No comments: