August 08, 2009

Good Friends

My anxiety level progressed to 100x worse than it was when I posted last. The night before last I slept maybe 3 solid hours without waking up & feeling like I was about to throw up/have a heart attack. Pretty dramatic, huh? The good news is last night I had plans to hang out with a friend and while I was laying on her couch I nearly nodded off a few times. When I got up to pick up my stuff and go home, I could feel that old anxiety boiling up inside me. It's like a pressure cooker. I just looked at her, and she said, "I'll bring you a pillow, you can sleep here tonight." I was so grateful. I know I wouldn't have slept nearly as well at home. And although I woke myself up more than a few times throughout the night, I'm sure that I got a lot closer to 7 hours just sleeping on her futon. And today I feel better. And tomorrow I'll feel better than today. And the next day I'll feel even better. And eventually I'll be fine & back to normal. It's been a while since I've had one of these all consuming periods of anxiety. It caught me off guard this time, but I know I'll get back on my feet.

It has struck me that this blog has taken on a bit of a whiney tone...Something must be done about this. I'll do my best to pull myself together and make a change. I can be more than just whiney, I can be witty too! (At least I think so :) )

(I Y xkcd - http://xkcd.com/313)

No comments: