August 10, 2009

Name Calling

I have been called an, "old soul." I have to say I take this as a great compliment. When I was working in child care, the "old soul" kids were always my favorite to be around. If you don't know what this means, picture a child who might not even be verbal yet, who, unlike the other kids (that claw and explore and get in spats with each other) sits and watches everything. This child is curious in a way that would not kill the cat. For the most part, observation is their strongest ally. He or She (usually she) always appears to be in the process of understanding something on a level that is way to deep for the current developmental stage. I love those kids.

However (the downside), I usually end up feeling like the most responsible person in the room. I figure this will end at some point, although stories my mom tells about her peers makes me think this might not be true. I told M last night, I often think to myself, "You guys would be doing all kinds of stupid s%!$ if I wasn't sitting here." He agreed.

No comments: